At the Boutique Consulting Club, we don't do any kind of work for any kind of client. We specialize in working with founders and partners of consulting practices with 1-10 full-time employees and revenues between $150,000 to $750,000 per year. And to ensure that our content, programs, and resources are relevant to you, we have compiled a list of 20 problems we typically solve for our clients:
- How do we plan and prioritize marketing initiatives to support growth?
- How do we refine our positioning to support premium fees and stop competing on price?
- How do we develop a focused lead generation strategy without stretching ourselves too thin?
- How can we better balance client work and business development to avoid the "feast-and-famine" cycle?
- How can we reduce our dependency on a couple of large clients, and improve financial security?
- How can we improve our digital presence for better visibility and reputation within our target market?
- How can we proactively generate demand for our offerings instead of replying to RFPs or waiting for inbound inquiries?
- How do we know if our current target market has a future, or if we might need to pivot to a different industry or vertical?
- How can we tailor our service offerings and products to better align with our clients' needs and desires?
- What kind of business development skills, if any, do we lack to improve our sales experience and numbers?
- How can we establish accountability within our consultancy to ensure each partner does their part and business development efforts are aligned?
- How can we improve our pricing strategy to stop discounting or leaving money on the table?
- How can we improve our offering mix to both attract new clients and sell more services to our existing clients?
- How can we grow our existing client relationships, selling more, larger, and better services to them?
- How can we leverage business systems and tools to better support our sales efforts?
- How can we measure and improve the delivery of our work, increasing client-perceived value?
- How can we document and standardize our methodology and the delivery of our services?
- How can we establish documented values and operating principles to guide our team during tough decisions?
- How can we address the shortage of skilled professionals within our firm and network?
- How can we improve client retention and nurture our professional network more effectively?
You may not perceive many of these issues as problems; instead, you might see them as opportunities for improvement. But they exist, and are typical obstacles solo and micro consultancies need to overcome. We can help you identify and assess the importance and urgency of each challenge to unlock growth in your consulting practice.
If you're unsure about the relevance of any of these problems, we invite you to take a moment and ask yourself: "What's blocking growth in my consulting practice? What's keeping me from building the consulting business I truly want to create? What are the risk and costs of ignoring those issues for my consultancy?"
Don't underestimate this list of challenges - they require time and effort to be addressed. Wait too long, and you might put yourself, your team, and your business in trouble. Adding these capabilities to your consultancy is what you need to generate and sustain growth.
Join The Club
If you're interested in exploring those questions, you can get specialized and actionable growth insights for micro consultancies in our newsletter. Every Tuesday, you get one idea from Danilo, one quote from other experts, one number you need to hear, and one question for you to level up your consulting practice. Enter your email now to join us.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
You can unsubscribe anytime