I'd like to invite you to play "What if?", and today the topic is your consulting business.
If you've never heard about it, this is a game children play in a group - one of the kids writes an unconventional question that begins with "What if...", and everyone must answer it starting with the word "Then...". Here's a silly example:
- "What if you could walk on the ceiling?"
- "Then real estate would become much cheaper for me - twice the square footage for the same price."
You can answer those using pen and paper, or simply forward to me your answers (if you're a subscriber). Bonus points if you provide multiple replies for each question.
- What if you could only work with 10 consulting clients in your lifetime?
- What if you had to work no more than 2 hours per day?
- What if the only way you could get new clients was via unsolicited referrals?
- What if your sales or client meetings had a maximum duration of 15 minutes?
- What if you had to write and publish something every single day?
- What if you couldn't charge less than $50,000 for any new engagement?
- What if you had to stop consulting and became a university professor?
- What if you had to start a podcast and pick guests to interview?
- What if you had 4 weeks to remove yourself from your business?
- What if someone steals all of your ideas, offerings, and IP?